Sunday, June 21, 2009

Time Is A-Tickin'

I logged into the website today and the handy-dandy counter reminded me that there are only 12 days left until the doors of Sultana Cycles officially open for business. Egad! So much to do in less than 2 weeks, but we have been working hard. Aaron has been dutifully poring over the catalogs non-stop for the last week trying to develop an inventory. I haven't been quizzing him, but I bet that if he doesn't order exactly what you need, he will certainly know what's available to special order inside out and backwards.

I, on the other hand, have been brushing up on my old-skool-paint skillz (and actually found the spray-painter-function truly useful for the first time in my life) and, with one vital flash of inspiration on my ride over Mingus Mountain on Friday, developed a couple of initial logos for us to work with. This has also taken an immense amount of time but has been an interesting learning experience on how we view the world. It's amazing how divergent our imaginations go, even when we think we've agreed on a concept.

This week: The first order of bikes, parts and accessories goes in! We decide on a logo for the business cards. And we tackle signage -- sure to be riddled with its own challenges on the outside of a historic building.

1 comment: